First time here? Checkout the FAQ!
x

الملاحظات

Who was the first woman that receive the medal The Order Of Merit and a letter from Queen Vectoria? [ تمت إجابته ]

في تصنيف اللغه الانجليزيه
بواسطة طالب متحمس (503 نقاط)  
+2 تصويتات
103 مشاهدات

Florence Nightingale was a nurse who saved many lives in the 19th century. She was named after the city of Florence in Italy, where her parents went after they got married in 1818. Her family was rich and they had two homes in Britain as well as servants. 

Florence was an unusual young woman for her time because she didn’t want to go to parties and get married. She wanted to be a nurse and help people. Her family didn’t want her to become a nurse because hospitals back then were dirty, horrible places. They were worried about her. In 1851, Florence went to Germany and learned all about nursing. It was hard work, but she loved it. 

In 1854, lots of British soldiers went to fight in the Crimean War. Army hospitals were filled with injured men, but there were no nurses and many men died. Florence and a team of nurses went to help. 

Florence worked 20 hours a day to make the army hospital a cleaner and safer place. She brought the men fresh food, she cleaned the hospital beds and she used clean bandages on the wounded soldiers. Soon, fewer men were dying. 

At night, Florence walked around the hospital. She talked to the injured soldiers and helped the men to write letters to their families. She carried a lamp and the soldiers called her ‘The lady with the lamp’. 

When Florence returned to England, people called her a heroine because of her amazing work in the Crimean War. Queen Victoria wrote her a letter to say thank you. She continued to work hard in Britain to improve hospitals and she was given a medal called the Order of Merit. She was the first woman to receive this honour.

تم إغلاقه بملاحظة: تمت إجابته

1 إجابة واحدة

بواسطة طالب عالمي (7.3ألف نقاط)  
عُدل بواسطة
0 تصويتات

Wonderful story heart

I like it a lot yes

Thanks very much 

Can you share us such wonderful stories every once in a while 

Good luck for all 

Yes,y pleasure to have a comment like yours. I will share tje stories with you and for myself to get a new words
بواسطة طالب عالمي (7.3ألف نقاط)  
Sure , I will waiting
Thanks
Good luck
I share a new one, if you want to get some informations. Nanotechnology and The next north-European ice age
81 Online Users
0 Guest 81 Member
Today Visits : 10607
Yesterday Visits : 48088
Total Visits : 45235705

25.4ألف أسئلة

124ألف إجابة

154ألف تعليقات

29.6ألف مستخدم

مرحبًا بك إلى Taleek Discussion، مناقشات طليق - حيث يمكنك طرح الأسئلة وانتظار الإجابة عليها من المستخدمين الآخرين. تذكر اننا هنا جميعا لمساعدة بعضنا البعض فيرجى الالتزام بقوانين وارشادات المنتدى حتى نبقي عائلة طليق نظيفة وانتاجية - لا تنسى التصويت للاجابات الصحيحة والتصويت بالسلب للاجابات المضللة او المخالفة
add
لعبة السجن