x

الملاحظات

[Idiom] Busy as a Bee

في تصنيف مدونين طليق
بواسطة طالب محترف (3.8ألف نقاط)  
+5 تصويتات
138 مشاهدات

Phrasing one who is really really busy.

i.e. I’m currently choreographing three plays, so I’m as busy as a bee.

i.e. Can we meet next week instead? I’m busy as a bee right now.

There are some other interesting idioms about “bee”. Follow me to learn about them!

1. Bee in Bonnet

An obsession, often with something that is strange or a source of agitation.

i.e. Ever since the blizzard last year, Dad has had a bee in his bonnet about moving to a warmer climate.

i.e. It seems that Mike still has a bee in his bonnet over the criticism he got in the staff meeting.

2. Bee’s Knees

To be exceptionally great, excellent, or high-quality.

i.e. Have you ever tried the pistachio gelato at this place? It’s absolutely the bee’s knees!

i.e. I’m so crazy about the girl I’ve started seeing. I think she’s the bee’s knees, and I don’t care who knows it!

3. Queen Bee

A woman who has authority or is in a dominant or favored position over her peers. An allusion to the (typically) lone egg-laying female of a bee colony.

i.e. Martha fancies herself a queen bee after her promotion, but she’s only an assistant supervisor.

i.e. You’ll have to ask the queen bee before you put through any more orders on the company card.

That’s all for [Idiom] today. Now try to make at least one sentence with the idioms that you like! That will help you to remember them.

Don’t forget to leave your comments below.

من فضلك سجل دخولك أو قم بتسجيل حساب للإجابة على هذا السؤال

1 إجابة واحدة

بواسطة طالب عالمي (6.6ألف نقاط)  
0 تصويتات

Good evening 

It's very useful 

Good luck

Thank you

بواسطة طالب محترف (3.8ألف نقاط)  
Thank you so much
بواسطة طالب عالمي (6.6ألف نقاط)  
You're welcome
179 Online Users
0 Guest 179 Member
Today Visits : 23892
Yesterday Visits : 55702
Total Visits : 44249716

25.4ألف أسئلة

124ألف إجابة

154ألف تعليقات

29.5ألف مستخدم

مرحبًا بك إلى Taleek Discussion، مناقشات طليق - حيث يمكنك طرح الأسئلة وانتظار الإجابة عليها من المستخدمين الآخرين. تذكر اننا هنا جميعا لمساعدة بعضنا البعض فيرجى الالتزام بقوانين وارشادات المنتدى حتى نبقي عائلة طليق نظيفة وانتاجية - لا تنسى التصويت للاجابات الصحيحة والتصويت بالسلب للاجابات المضللة او المخالفة
add
لعبة السجن