First time here? Checkout the FAQ!
x

الملاحظات

Idiom] Clear As a Bell]

في تصنيف تجارب شخصيه
بواسطة طالب محترف (3.8ألف نقاط)  
+5 تصويتات
142 مشاهدات
The idiom “clear as a bell” means to very crisply audible; very easy to hear ; easy to understand; very clear.

i.e. Unfortunately, our next-door neighbors fight a lot, and we can hear them clear as a bell — even at 3 AM!

i.e. With these new headphones, you’ll be able to hear music as clear as a bell.

There are some other interesting idioms about “bell”.Follow me to learn about them!

1. Alarm bell

A sudden warning or intimation of danger, risk, or ill fortune. (Often pluralized.)

i.e. Alarm bells were going off in my head when I saw the panicked expression on her face.

2. Bell, book, and candle

A method of putting a curse on someone. The phrase refers to the implements once used when someone was excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church.

i.e. I’ll go after him bell, book, and candle if he threatens my family again.

3. Passing bell

By extension, something that marks the end of something else.

i.e. It’s hard to not feel like the return of my depression is a passing bell to all the progress I had made up to now.

That’s all for [Idiom] today. Now try to make at least one sentence with the idioms that you like! That will help you to remember them.

Don’t forget to leave your comments below.

See you!

من فضلك سجل دخولك أو قم بتسجيل حساب للإجابة على هذا السؤال

1 إجابة واحدة

بواسطة طالب متحمس (1.3ألف نقاط)  
0 تصويتات
Thanks my dear
135 Online Users
0 Guest 135 Member
Today Visits : 10318
Yesterday Visits : 58106
Total Visits : 45491798

25.4ألف أسئلة

124ألف إجابة

154ألف تعليقات

29.6ألف مستخدم

مرحبًا بك إلى Taleek Discussion، مناقشات طليق - حيث يمكنك طرح الأسئلة وانتظار الإجابة عليها من المستخدمين الآخرين. تذكر اننا هنا جميعا لمساعدة بعضنا البعض فيرجى الالتزام بقوانين وارشادات المنتدى حتى نبقي عائلة طليق نظيفة وانتاجية - لا تنسى التصويت للاجابات الصحيحة والتصويت بالسلب للاجابات المضللة او المخالفة
add
لعبة السجن