x

الملاحظات

Idiom] A Whale of a (Good) Time

في تصنيف اللغه الانجليزيه
بواسطة طالب محترف (3.8ألف نقاط)  
+6 تصويتات
194 مشاهدات
!Hey guys! Welcome to [Idiom] today

The idiom a whale of a (good) time means to an exceptionally fun, exciting, or amusing experience. (Usually used in the phrase, “have a whale of a (good) time.”)

i.e. Gee, Samantha, I sure had a whale of a time at the dance with you last night. We should go out again sometime!

i.e. Come out to our party this weekend, it’s sure to be a whale of a good time!

There are some other interesting idioms about “whale“. Follow me to learn about them!

1. Whale away at (someone or something)

To criticize, rebuke, or verbally assault someone or something vehemently or relentlessly.

i.e. The interviewer suddenly began whaling away at the politician over his alleged ties to the pharmaceutical industry.

2. Whale into (someone or something)

To attack or thrash something in an brutal, forceful, or relentless manner.

i.e. He stood there whaling into the wall with a sledgehammer, but he barely seemed to be making a dent in it.

3. Like a beached whale

Completely stuck and unable to move or escape from the situation. Said especially of large objects or vehicles.

i.e. Our van’s wheels sunk in the mud, and we’ve been stuck here like a beached whale for over an hour!

That’s all for [Idiom] today. Now try to make at least one sentence with the idioms that you like! That will help you to remember them.

Don’t forget to leave your comments below.

See you!

من فضلك سجل دخولك أو قم بتسجيل حساب للإجابة على هذا السؤال

2 إجابة

بواسطة طالب عالمي (6.4ألف نقاط)  
+1 تصويت

When I sit to watch any episode of taleek especially Mr. Ibrahim I seem like a beached whale.

It's a fact hahaha.

بواسطة طالب عالمي (7.3ألف نقاط)  
0 تصويتات
السلام عليكم اخي

شكرا لمشاركتنا لهذه التعبيرات رائعة

وفقك الله على فعل الخير والإفادة

I confess that I had a whale of a good time on the site of Zamerican & Taleek
بواسطة طالب محترف (3.8ألف نقاط)  
الشكر لله
141 Online Users
1 Guest 140 Member
Online Members
Today Visits : 48561
Yesterday Visits : 71463
Total Visits : 45845964

25.4ألف أسئلة

124ألف إجابة

154ألف تعليقات

29.6ألف مستخدم

مرحبًا بك إلى Taleek Discussion، مناقشات طليق - حيث يمكنك طرح الأسئلة وانتظار الإجابة عليها من المستخدمين الآخرين. تذكر اننا هنا جميعا لمساعدة بعضنا البعض فيرجى الالتزام بقوانين وارشادات المنتدى حتى نبقي عائلة طليق نظيفة وانتاجية - لا تنسى التصويت للاجابات الصحيحة والتصويت بالسلب للاجابات المضللة او المخالفة
add
لعبة السجن